Saturday, September 10, 2011

In reflection I'm not going to do daily tagging today on my facebook fan page. I feel it is more important that we spend this day in reflection of a day that truly changed our nation and our lives.

10 years ago I was working in an office in Orlando. We had one tv in the office which got terrible reception. As I went out to get my 9 am patient, the office manager told us that a small plane had just crashed into the World Trade Center. I remember thinking (I can't remember if I said it out loud) that the World Trade Center had the worst luck - thinking back the the 1993 bombing. I took my patient back. Before our appointment was through the radio station had switched from it's regular programming to it's all news sister channel. All day we just listened to what was going on. EVERY patient showed for their appointment that day. We also got reports that Disney was evacuating for the day. It wasn't until that evening at home I saw everything with my own eyes. The people jumping from the building, the second plane hitting, the fall of the towers. As I write this, I'm watching the Dateline episode from Friday evening with tears in my eyes. To hear more of the story from 10 years ago truly brings it back as if it happened yesterday.

10 years later my life is completely changed from what it was then. I divorced my first husband and took control of my own happiness. Now I'm married to the love of my life and we have a beautiful 2 year old son.

On this day, let's put aside the daily tagging of our businesses and instead lets "tag" those first responders and military personnel that we are thankful for. I'll tag my husband, Matt. Matt changed his career in the past year and he is an EMT. He works at the local hospital ER. I'll also tag my brother Luke, retired USAF Master Sergeant.

May God bless you all today and may God bless AMERICA!

-Lynnette "Little Ms. Crafty"

No comments:

Post a Comment